Chocolate brownie base baked with biscuit, marshmallows and pecan nuts. Topped with soft chocolate fudge then covered with all the extras! enjoy :)
I have opted for an old favorite with this recipe, combining a brownie with a rocky road topping, using lots of different sweets and nuts. My gang along with their friends always enjoyed this treat, although I am not so sure all the sugar and E numbers were a good idea when they were all hyped up afterwards.
When my children were little they always enjoyed making a birthday cake for their dad. I tried to persuade them to make something different, but they insisted it had to be a sponge cake filled with jam, iced and then the best part for them was the topping. Sticking as many different sweets as they could find on top of the sticky icing. I always had to buy more than was needed as kids like they do would put one sweet on top, then 2 in their mouths! I would confront them and say 'have you got a sweet in your mouth' and they would look at me all doe eyed with a look of 'Who me?' while still chewing ...ho hum
On each birthday we would decorate the kitchen, put the pressies in pride of place an the table along with the cake and candles. we would call the birthday boy/girl into the kitchen light the candles and sing Happy Birthday.
After opening presents the cake would be cut and eaten.....all this before school, naughty mum for giving them cake for their breakfast!!!!
With their Dad's cake my children would decorate it with all his favorite sweets so cake cut we could find ourselves munching on wine gums, liquorice allsorts, skittles, tooty fruities, fruit gums and all the chocolaty stuff too.....what a good way to start the day, although I am not sure what their teachers thought when they got to school all hyper!!!!
- 6oz butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 12oz sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup s/r flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- fudge or chocolate spread
- lots of sweets, chocs, nuts, marshmallows and crushed biscuits of your choice
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate, stir until smooth; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour until well blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 180c fan 160c, gas mark4for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- When cool spread with your favorite fudge or chocolate spread
- Sprinkle with the marshmallows, chocolate chips and walnuts
- Eat and enjoy....then watch the calories for a week after :)